Karate Kid GROUP THREE
Answer this work sheet on Memorable Quotes from The Karate Kid (1984).
- Ask your teacher whether you may print this site Ė enough copies for each group member.
This website is the one which will give you the 3 scenes you need for your audition. You must choose which 3 scenes.
- Number the scenes so that all group members are referring to the same scene.
- Find out the meaning of the following 14 words: (hint: the next website will tell you the meaning of the Japanese ones).
- dojo ___________________
- sensei ___________________
- attitude ___________________
- "straighten it out" ___________________
- target ___________________
- sacred pact ___________________
- Okinawa ___________________
- accomplish ___________________
- defeat ___________________
- pain ___________________
- mercy ___________________
- ancestor ___________________
- humble ___________________
- commit ___________________
- Write the number of the scene which shows:
- Mr Miyagi is always scared of fighting and hates it _____
- Mr Miyagiís ancestor brought Karate to Okinawa _____
- Mr Miyagi says that if he teaches Daniel Karate, then Daniel must promise to do anything that Mr Miyagi says without asking any questions _____
- Mr Miyagi says that there are no bad students, only bad teachers __
- Mr Miyagi is humble, because:
- he admits he is always scared about fighting _____
- he admits when he doesnít know something _____
- he didnít boast about being a Karate master _____
- Mr Miyagiís father was a fisherman _____
- Mr Miyagi didnít tell Daniel he was a Karate master because Daniel didnít ask him _____
- Mr Miyagi thinks that if you can catch a fly with chopsticks you can do anything _____
- Daniel realises that if he trains to fight then he wonít have to fight
- Mr Miyagi tells Daniel he must say "yes" to learning Karate, or say "no" but he canít feel half-half _____
- Mr Miyagi got into lots of fights when he was young, and the fights were as bad as the ones Daniel gets in _____
- Mr Miyagi says it doesnít matter if you know Karate because someone always knows more than you do _____